The Rainbow Continuum
This new E Book from Liz Greensides and GAL Education supports planning for skills progression within the 2014 new National Curriculum. The book identifies both GENERIC and SUBJECT SPECIFIC key skills which are essential to learning, and sets them into a hierarchical continuum.
The RAINBOW Continuum of Skills supports both skills progression and the acquisition of knowledge, by identifying the statutory knowledge which must be covered, alongside the RAINBOW continuum of skills which teachers should be planning and which children should be using to deepen their understanding of what they are learning.
The RAINBOW continuum is made broadly following Bloom’s Hierarchy of Skills to give a sensible, challenging, and realistic continuum of learning.
The book supports classroom teachers in several ways:
- To inform planning
- To ensure progress for all
- To ensure that teaching is differentiated to meet the needs of all abilities
- To help teachers to decide on the pitch of lessons
- To give criteria for assessment
- To ensure high standards when children are applying key skills across the curriculum
*N.B. All e:books are subject to VAT
A free PDF sample can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
(NB: This sample is subject to copyright restrictions, and is intended only for the use of the emailing school.)