Using Bloom’s Continuum to Teach Primary Writing
The Big Question Answered:
How to teach writing effectively, with no Primary Strategy, no Genre, no scaffold, few markers for progress …. ????
Liz Greensides’ practical new publication considers a refreshing way of teaching writing in all its elements – from vocabulary to punctuation, from poetry to story writing – for children of all ages and all abilities. It offers challenge to the most able, but supports those who have difficulty with the basic key skills of writing.
Rooted in the New National Curriculum, this publication develops teachers' thinking about the way in which they plan for children to write – for a purpose, for enjoyment, and with high levels of skill.
Effective cross curricular writing, using all of children’s learned skills, is a major part of this book.
Strategies are given for teachers to
- assess children’s attainment and progress in writing
- use both formative and summative assessment
- differentiate teaching, learning, and tasks for children of different needs
- track progress in writing
- develop writing across the curriculum
For 1:1 consultancy or SLT training on the Rainbow Writing theme click here