The Rainbow Continuum Training
Liz now provides 1:1 consultancy and staff training to support the use of her best selling publication, 'The Rainbow Continuum'. The training day supports planning for skills progression within the 2014 new National Curriculum. Liz works with school leaders and teachers to identify GENERIC and SUBJECT SPECIFIC key skills which are essential to learning, and demonstrates how they can be structured into a hierarchical continuum.
The RAINBOW Continuum of Skills supports both skills progression and the acquisition of knowledge, by identifying the statutory knowledge which must be covered, alongside the RAINBOW continuum of skills which teachers should be planning and which children should be using to deepen their understanding of what they are learning.
The RAINBOW continuum is made broadly following Bloom’s Hierarchy of Skills to give a sensible, challenging, and realistic continuum of learning.
The training day supports classroom teachers in several ways:
- To inform planning
- To ensure progress for all
- To ensure that teaching is differentiated to meet the needs of all abilities
- To help teachers to decide on the pitch of lessons
- To give criteria for assessment
- To ensure high standards when children are applying key skills across the curriculum
For more information about The Rainbow Continuum e:Book click here